Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Arrival

Well, Hello all!!!

I decided to take the plunge and start this blog. Many have started one and I decided to jump in also. I called this my world so that I can post almost anything that I like. I do not have a video camera so this will just be me writing until I get a better handle on my electronics.

Well the start of this blog will be about natural hair and of course mine in particular. Although these days there are hundreds if not thousands of natural hair sites, blogs & journals. I am just one in thousands, when I wrote my first journal as a web site it was very needed. It was just 9 years ago and now there are nappy men & women all around the world making their presence know on the web. It is so interesting how something like hair or the non ability to embrace our nappy tresses would and does cause so much drama.

Many things strike me as funny or interesting, I saw on the Tyra Banks show a clip on nappy hair. It was aired on 5/12/09 titled Good Hair. I will see if I can find the link later. I taped the show because I was at work. What I saw on the show gave me great uneasiness. I saw young babies getting perms in their hair. Ok to me anyone below 10 is a baby to me. I did not get a perm in my hair until I was in my teens and then I used the perm as a way to have a curly afro if that makes any sense. I only got one every 3 or 4 months but that was well over 25 years ago. My where have the years gone? Digressed sorry. Banks show, it was disturbing how still in 2009 people are still unwilling to love who they are naturally. I suppose that is what makes the world go round each of us finding our own way in whatever way we can. For me that way is accepting myself the way GOD has made me. It is also and more importantly to know GOD, to serve HIM, to honor HIM and to love HIM. HE first loved me and HE loved me so much that HE came to earth to die for me, so you see I owe HIM everything.

Here is a preview of how this blog will go; these are my interests and I am as you will read about me in future posts. I hope to meet many new and some old friends in this forum.

Many blessings and much Agape.

3 comments:

Ro said...

Welcome My friend and Locktican of 5years.I was trying to remember when i put a perm on my head and it wasn't until I was an adult.But "That's the way Of the World" Earth ,Wind and Fire song LOL.Anyway ,enjoy your blogging I mightdropin every now and then.

Purenbrightone

Karen said...

Ok I think I got it right this time.I'm Karen I was at Ro's house earlier tonight getting my hair shampooed and decided to commentn on Ro's Blog ut I was on er page because she had logged in .See ? It's right over there with Ro's picture saying Ro said but it's signed Purenbrightone ...That's me Karen LOL ..just pray for the Sista

Karen said...

Wow ... that was along time...but look what time and patience has produced...don't leave out prayer. Thanks again ro for your tencity

Purenbrightone