Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Army Days

I served in the military, the US Army back in the 1970's. I was recently contacted by one of my old Army buddies. I could not believe it. I am still smiling and it is over a week ago when he contacted me.


I have decided to share when things touch me, ie the name of the blog. The thoughts that have gone thru my mind are many. My first thought was one of nastalgia. I know there are a lot of gray hairs on this head. :-) But you know, I do not feel old; older maybe but not old. My Dad & I had a conversation about this when I was still in my 40's about how it is just perspective. When I was in my 20's I thought and considered anyone in their 60's as old. The conversation made me realized 60 was not too far down the pike and I still did not feel old. Now that 60 is becoming fewer steps away than when I was 40 I really do not think of myself as old. Seasoned yes, experienced yes, many more years past me than GOD may grant me to stay, yes. I know that GOD has ordered my steps and HE continues to do just that. I am learning that HE guides and leads me in the way that I am to go in HIM. So yes the years have come and gone but one beautiful thing is constant, GOD rules & reigns in our lives if we let HIM. I pray you will let HIM reign in you today. I know that when we trust HIM and put our whole life in HIS hands HE will get the glory out of our lives. Oh, I hope you know we are not on this earth for ourselves. We are here to bring GOD glory.


Well, once I got over my surprise at being contacted by my old Army buddy, I started pulling out the photo book. Oh yeah! I looked at those old photos, wow, we were really young. Beside our section Sargents I have to check on this, I think I was older than many of my friends. I joined when I was 20 and the rest of my friends were 18 and up. I repeat we were really young. I see it in the faces of all those pictures, I did not have enough sense to add names to. Beside the gray hair I have shifting memory. I will be so glad when the LORD helps me out with this one. I am cool with the gray, the shifting memory not sure yet.

Well until next time!

Be Bless in GOD. Jesus is the way, the truth & the light!
Much Agape!

1 comment:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

i'm cool with your grey too LOL.That's one thing I will never hide.