Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pictures in June 2010



I spent a large amount of time taking loads of pictures on my mini cam. I am learning that I may need to get a video camera to get the detail I would like to see in these photos. As with everything in my life, I learn how to make due until I can change things. So I decided to play with the pics a little.




These pics above are me just playing around, I love this length. I really can not do too much with it. I can do a small head band. I stick a few large bobby pins in the sides of my hair sometimes to get a different look. As you can see my sides are pretty long so I play them up as much as possible. I really love this length for my locs this is a true shake, fluff, and go length. It can not get better than this. I spritz in the mornings, use my brush to set them in my normal or daily style, apply make up & go.


The locs on the sides are pretty long the rear is ok also. I think I have a few locs that are longer than others but that is ok too. I have many locs with frizzy ends and I have many locs with locked ends, so I am not really anxious or fretting about getting my locs all even and everything. I probably will try to even them out in 2011 my two year anniversary; then I will be a mature locker. In the meantime, I am letting the locs do what they do. I am even enjoying the interlocking. At first I was not into it, but it is growing on me. I can no longer finger loc like I did with my first set it usually took me a few hours to retightened and I was done. With the micro locs being in sizes from very small to small it is taking me a few evenings to get them all done. I have to count my locs to see how many their are. My first set was about 150 locs, these are 200 plus i will get the number and post it in my profile so that I can stop saying I do not know. LOL


I have been trying to decide whether I should; shampoo first and retighten or retighten first then shampoo. Well, during the summer when shampooing hair is an every week ability. (Oh, this is my favorite time of the year.) Anyway, I find if I shampoo my hair because, I am still new to this or maybe i am just a perfectionist. It does take me a while to interlock my hair. Since I have found that if I retighten then shampoo my hair actually loosens up with the shampooing. So to keep my hair tightened for more than one week; on the week that I retighten after my shampoo I wait one week before I shampoo again. It seems to be working well for me, since it takes me at least three days to retighten the week is half gone by the time I am finished, so I wait the additional week and enjoy the tightened roots for another week. As most of you know, you have to make this journey work for you. I am not stumbling but I am definitely rethinking some things that will work for me. Since I have the experience of my 9 year 1st set of locs, this one seems easier for me. I am just learning to tweak the things that I know wait to get better at the retightening which is my only learning curb on this journey.


Well, I consider 28 July as my loc birthday or anniversary so I will be back in a month.

Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

Nubian1 said...

Wow, this second set is doing the business all right! lol

Ro said...

Bless you Nubian1! I am very happy with it myself. I was going to post some more pics but my time got away from me again.

Thanks for stopping by.