Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy 2011 Everyone!!!

May GOD bless you all so very much this year.  I have been very busy and still am, but I had to take a few hours to say hi. 

Well, my best friend did it.  Her hair issues were to great to overcome so on 24 Dec 10, we cut off her locs of 6 or 7 years.  I just know we started them Mother's day weekend.  I am noticing once you turn a certain age the years sort of blend together.  :-)  But it is all good.  I just saw on the web news the other day that it has been 25 years since the Challenger explosion.  I lived in Florida back then and we saw the white smoke from our office because we were looking for a sucessful flight pattern.  Amazing, we take for granted every day that GOD gives us.

Ok, I am starting to reminisce.

Hair my friend Karen.  Anyway, we were in our shampoo and retighten mode and she said it was time.  We need to cut it off because there were way too many patches.  So I got the scissors and here are the results.
This of course is just some of it, here she is with it all taken off.
She, of course, went to a barber and here is her self portrait.
My best friend really carries off this look.  She is very beautiful with locs or without.  On her face book page she says this:
The revelation I got after I cut my hair was that I cut off some dead things in my life...I must hear and obey now more than ever before

I say amen to this.  As we have left the year of 2010 and are looking forward to this new year 2011.  I need not carry some of the things I was carrying in 2010.  If my passion for Jesus was luke warm or even cold in 2010.  Then I must get off of my luke warm, cold self and be ablaze with HIS fire for 2011.  This is a new year and I have to be more singleminded in my devotion and dedication to JESUS CHRIST.  HE has done everything for me.  Even when I did not feel or think HE was with me.  HE was and HE cares about us and our service to HIM, I must be better for HIM so that men will see my good works and glorify the FATHER.  So putting away those things that were in 2010, I press toward the mark of the high calling of my LORD & Saviour JESUS CHRIST in 2011 and for the rest of my days here. 
May we all change this year going from glory to glory in HIM.  HE has made it possible, He has made a way to GOD the Father.  We owe HIM everything because HE gave HIS everything for us.

May GOD keep you in all that you do.  Until next time.

4 comments:

Shawn Weekly said...

Nice Post.

Looking forward to many more.

Shawn
http://www.shawnweekly.com

Ro said...

Many thanks, Brother! I like yours also. Thanks for stopping by & leaving me your link.

NubianLockedPrincess said...

AMEN! I know how you feel! I have reflected on the past year! I continue to praise Jesus for what he has done for me and my family! May you continue to be blessed through out the new year!

Ro said...

You also NubianLP! Congratulations on your engagement!May GOD bless your union greatly.